Sunday, September 11, 2011

LOTOJA

Closets need cleaning, gardens need weeding, bikes need riding...closets and gardens can wait!  LOTOJA - 3 states- 206 miles, 1 day. (Logan Utah to Jackson Hole Wyoming.)  I was invited to join a women's relay team, an experience that was new to all of us.  Maria Paspuel took the first leg-Logan to Preson.  Kim Trupp took the second leg from Preston to Montpelier (the hardest leg for sure).  I took the third leg from Montpelier to Afton. Kim (the lean, mean machine) took the 4th leg from Afton to Alpine.  Karina took us the end of the ride from Alpine to Jackson Hole. 

We started the ride at about 7:45ish and finished at about... does it really matter?  Finish it we did.  (The officials officially stopped the race but we continued to cheer in the late comers.) 

I was happy with my leg.  It was a bit of a climb but nothing that I hadn't trained for (thanks to Jess for introducing me to Squaw Peak).  I felt like my head and my body were both in a good place - on the bike!









For sure we werent' the fastest team competing-but we prevailed and we finished!  thanks girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment